Articles, Audio & Video
Unity Woods Yoga is an active participant in the national and international yoga community. John Schumacher and our other teachers write articles, follow scientific studies, present at conferences and teach around the world.
This page is regularly updated with news and information about the practice of yoga. We hope you will check back often to see what’s new.
- Unity Woods Comes to Tenleytown, DC in Spring! March 21, 2017 Unity Woods opens the doors to its new location in DC effective Spring Session 2017! Located on the 4th floor at 4000 Albemarle Street, NW and right at the Tenleytown-AU metro stop
- John’s Demonstration of Arm Balances ~ Classic Video March 16, 2017 Many of us have had the privilege to see John demonstrate arm balances when he teaches us in workshops and classes. However, watching John’s full demonstration of these challenging asanas is nothing short of awesome
- Studio News ~ Spring 2017 March 10, 2017 Unity Woods Yoga Center opens the doors to its new DC location this Spring! Unity Woods is sharing a building with Washington Yoga Center, immediately across Albemarle Street, NW and right at the Tenleytown-AU metro stop. There is plenty of convenient parking in the neighborhood. We will offer classes on Wednesday nights and on Saturday ...
- Is Yoga Becoming the New Aspirin? March 7, 2017 The American College of Physicians included yoga as a recommended natural therapy in their new guidelines for back pain treatment
- John’s Letter – Spring 2017: Satya February 24, 2017 For all the years that I have been writing these essays, I have assiduously avoided any sort of partisan political commentary. Now, however, I feel compelled to comment on the current political mess. And it is a mess on so many levels. Since I write a yoga newsletter, not a political one, my intention is ...
- Drop In Community Classes, $8 February 3, 2017 Mixed level, one-hour asana classes taught by different Unity Woods teachers in Bethesda every Friday of the session (unless otherwise noted)
- From Virasana to Krounchasana with John Schumacher (Yoga Journal, February 2017) January 12, 2017 John Schumacher teaches how to move from Virasana to Krounchasana in Yoga Journal’s February 2017 issue
- Fundraiser for George Purvis with John Schumacher December 29, 2016 George Purvis, cornerstone of Iyengar Yoga in the Southwestern US and teacher/cowboy/human extraordinaire, in recent years has been beset by a series of serious physical ailments, several of which would have killed a normal person. John is offering a benefit workshop to help George and his wife Susan defray some of the astronomical expenses ...
- Studio News ~ Winter 2017 December 1, 2016 John was guest teacher for the Iyengar Yoga Association of Chile’s First Annual Convention
- John at Iyengar Yoga Association of Chile’s First Annual Convention December 1, 2016 John was honored and privileged to be invited as the guest teacher for the Iyengar Yoga Association of Chile’s First Annual Convention this November